Technical Security Policy Expert | Baseline Clearance | ACSC
The ACSC is seeking a Technical Security Policy Expert to join their team. This work involves bridging the divides between Policy, Technology, Business Needs, Emerging Threats and Opportunities
The successful candidate will have expert knowledge in technology, business and policy and outstanding communication, writing skills and a pragmatic, outcome-oriented approach.
How long is the contract: 12 months
The Technical Security Policy Expert will work with a small team of cyber security professionals as part of the ACSC's Protect and Assure branch.
The candidate will work in the ACSC's Government Uplift team. The team is focused on the implementation of IT Security throughout government and works by helping agencies turn IT security policy and strategy into practical and effective controls, processes and technical implementations.The role involves bridging the divides between Security Policy, Technology, Organisational Dynamics, Business Needs, Emerging Threats and Opportunities. The role requires a highly experienced resource with experience across different businesses, depth in cyber security and technical background. They will possess a pragmatic, outcomes-driven approach which focuses on helping the ACSC pursue realistic goals to achieve impact at scale.
Security clearance required: Minimum baseline security clearance is required. Higher security clearances may be advantageous.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate a minimum of 10 years experience in Cyber Security
- Demonstrated experience writing IT Security Policy
- Current or previous experience working in Technical IT discipline such as System Administration or Development
- Demonstrated experience working in industry and across public sector.
- Demonstrated ability to translate policy controls into technical mitigations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Information Security Manual and Protective Security Policy Framework Experience.
- Programming or Scripting Experience
- IRAP Accredited
- Ability to work in co-located teams
- Desire to improve Government security culture
Kinexus are the No. 1 defence recognised supplier with a specialisation in the recruitment of mid to senior level professionals who hold Defence or Federal government clearances across the spectrum of technology platforms. Kinexus are recognised as a top 15 Defence SME in Australia and support various major defence projects
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Ross Webb on 02 9492 7530 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.