Systems Safety Engineer
Use your engineering knowledge to influence the design, operation and maintenance of complex engineering systems to ensure that workers and the public are kept safe at all times.
About the role
Our client has an urgent requirement for a Systems Safety Engineer located in Canberra.
As a Systems Safety Engineer you will use your engineering knowledge to influence the design, operation and maintenance of complex engineering systems to ensure that workers and the public are kept safe at all times.
Throughout your career you will be provided the opportunity to work in different industry sectors, such as Defence, Rail, Power and Oil & Gas.
With 5 - 10 years of experience, you will form a core part of the delivery team and will be given significant autonomy to set a project's direction and then the responsibility to deliver. Within the Systems Safety and Assurance practice this means working directly with clients to help develop System Safety Program Plans, undertake detailed safety analyses of engineered systems and developing safety cases for the client's mission platform.
About the client
We work from a network of three Australian and nine UK locations. Our consultants apply their expertise to develop, enhance and protect our clients' critical assets, systems and processes.
In an uncertain world, we contribute to national security in a huge number of ways. We help make sure that power is generated and distributed to everyone who needs it. We support moving people and goods around and between the big cities of an increasingly urbanised society. We work to make the world a more sustainable place. We ensure governments save time and money when public spending globally is under huge pressure. And we help our clients wrestle with the challenges and opportunities of an ever-accelerating digital revolution.
Ideally, you will possess postgraduate qualifications in system safety engineering and will have a good understanding of Defence and International System Safety standards, such as MIL-STD-882 and ISO 26262. You have experience in applying your system safety knowledge to complex systems in a consulting environment. Fundamentally you have a passion for delivering high quality work, on time and on budget.
To be successful for this role you will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Possess a 4-year Bachelor Degree or a 3-year technical degree in engineering and is, or is capable of becoming, a member of Engineers Australia at the grade of Professional Engineer or Engineering Technologist
- Possess 5-10 years of experience in system safety engineering
- Is willing to reside in Canberra and occasionally travel interstate
- Is an Australian citizen and capable of obtaining an Australian Security Clearance to the level of Negate Vetting Level 1 (NV1).
Our client can facilitate your application for an Australian Security Clearance. Further information on the security clearance process is available at: http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Knowledge and experience in the application of systems safety engineering in an industrial domain (not just defence).
- Knowledge and experience of Defence environments.
- Demonstrable experience in commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Previous experience in a Consulting environment.
- Amazing salary and location in the nation's capital
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Shane Curtis on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.