Systems Engineer - Communications
The SEA500 Hunter-class frigate is a future class of frigates for the Royal Australian Navy to replace the Anzac-class. Construction is expected to begin in 2020, with the first of nine vessels to enter service in the late 2020s. We are seeking suitable applicants for roles in designing and delivering an Integrated Communications System on a Frigate Program delivering the world's most advanced anti-submarine capability.
About the client
Our client is world renown leader in the design and manufacture of solutions for test and measurement, broadcast and media, secure radio communications, cybersecurity, radio monitoring and radio location. A golden opportunity has become available for a Systems Engineer to join our team in North Ryde within our SEA5000 project team.
About the role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, as Systems Engineer, you will:
- Achieve engineering and project milestones within the project schedule
- Deliver technical solutions of a comms subsystem to meet requirements
- Be responsible for engineering design and implementation as delegated by the Chief Engineer
- Lead a small team of approximately 2 workers
- Comply with Company policies and regulatory requirements
The role requires regular travel to Adelaide.
- Enjoy being an integral part of a high profile defence project
- A competitive salary package that includes bonuses, 17.5% annual leave loading and salary continuance insurance
- Free on-site parking and close to public transport
- Training and development opportunities to keep your skills up-to-date
- Flexibility for work life balance
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will be a qualified Systems Engineer who has:
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical/electronic/communications engineering
- Experience working with defence communications systems or combat systems
- Proven experience in delivering projects within the Defence industry on a naval platform
- Structured approach to projects
- Experience in requirements definition, interface definition, subsystem design, preparing cable block diagrams and cable assembly drawings and wire lists, electrical/mechanical integration (ideally on naval platforms), installation supervision, and to set work and commissioning
- Proficiency in using the following tools: SharePoint, DOORS, RQM, RTC, E-Plan/AutoCAD
- Australian citizenship: you will have Australian Defence security clearance or you will be required to obtain an Australian Defence security clearance
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Shane Curtis on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.