System Security Practitioner | Australian Cyber Security Centre
The Australian Cyber Security Centre requires a Systems Security Practitioner's to help this agency embed security in the earliest stages of a solution's design, through to the delivery of an operating capability
The role has a significant emphasis on relationship management with IT Security and Certification teams as well as the Project teams associated with delivery of new capability.
The Security Practitioner will liaise with and direct a range of Project Teams that are responsible for delivering ICT systems for the Program in an autonomous fashion.
The Security Practitioner will engage closely with certification authorities to build strong productive relationships to achieve timely Project outcomes.
- NV1 clearance or Higher
- 12 month contarct with a 12 month extension
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to influence and assess the security posture of ICT systems to achieve accreditation.
- Understanding and ability to apply ASD Information Security Manual (ISM) principles and controls.
- Familiarity with domain and technology specific security guidelines e.g. ISO 27000 series, OWASP Top 10.
- Provide security advice at all stages of a system from design through transition into service and BAU support
- Drive adoption of best practice security methods and approaches
- Prepare and maintain System Security Plans (many, simultaneously)
- Take responsibility for achieving accreditation outcomes for systems in scope
- Represent project team on all aspects of system security
- Collaborate with organisation peers and build strong relationships and networks to achieve security outcomes
- Demonstrate high order collaboration, teamwork, and communication skills
Other Features of the Role (e.g. location, travelling, shift hours,)
- The roles are primarily Canberra based, with minimal travel, however the ability to self-transport between local sites in the most efficient means is required. There may be some overseas and domestic travel required for one of the roles.
- Individual must hold a current NV1 clearance and sign a non-disclosure agreement related to the projects and/or program of work.
- Ability to work in a security environment with sensitivity, reticence and discretion.
Kinexus are the No. 1 defence recognised supplier with a specialisation in the recruitment of mid to senior level professionals who hold Defence or Federal government clearances across the spectrum of technology platforms. Kinexus are recognised as a top 15 Defence SME in Australia and support various major defence projects
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Ross Webb on 02 9492 7530 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.