About this role
The AC-C2CS provides a core element of the command and control, planning and support of ADF aviation operations. The Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineer will work closely with the Air Component - Command and Control Capability System (AC-C2CS) and Project Team members to package and deliver several existing third-party software applications to run on the Defence network. You will work onsite with the customer and part of a vibrant team, playing a critical role with the opportunity to utilise your software engineering experience whilst continuing to grow and develop professionally.
About the company
A global engineering company working on cutting edge technology for national security with over 3000 employees at different locations. The organisation prides itself to maintaining a commitment to equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion.
- Design, develop, testing and deployment of application package in accordance of the technical regulatory framework.
- Post deployment application issue resolution to fix defects, if any.
- Develop a design and then proceed with packaging the application and facilitate the testing of the package in test and production environments
- Develop and maintain an understanding of roles or Active Directory (AD) Groups that may be required to support the proper functioning of the software
- Understand changes required to Workstation Policy, Firewall Rules and other network constraints to ensure the packaged application will function in the target network environment. Document requirements arrange for updates, then test when approved
- Provide application architecture engineering support including the Support of Ad-hoc requests for advice on upcoming platforms, and reviewing of documentation from other service providers
As the ideal applicant for both roles you will have:
- An Australian defence security clearance at a minimum level of Negative Vetting 2 (NV2)
- Significant software engineering experience
- Experience with systems engineering, and all stages of the engineering lifecycle
- Strong skills in application integration design and implementation
- In-depth knowledge of the Defence SOE, Defence Network environment and scripting skills
Be part of the team developing next gen reconnaissance and combat control system.
Rediscover your passion and serve your country.
Leading global engineering company.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Piyush Joseph on 02 9492 7514 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.