Senior Mechanical Engineer [located in Perth]
Currently recruiting for a senior Mechanical Engineer to join a growing company in Perth. In the role you will be responsible for all aspects of the design and manufacturing of a range of enclosures made from plastic injection, die cast metals, folded metal, and related silicone gaskets for sealing and vibration. You will work with, and coordinate between, our product managers, electronics engineers, industrial designers, supply chain staff and tool makers.
To be successful in this role you will be a structured thinker, with strong organisational and management skills, have high attention to detail and be able to able to communicate effectively with people in non-English speaking countries.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of 8 years of practical experience in product design for volume manufacturing;
- Experienced and be fluent in Solidworks;
- The ability to manage through various stakeholder requirements to successfully deliver results;
- Sound working knowledge and a strong commitment to quality;
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills;
- Sound understanding of tool making and moulding processes;
- Sound understanding of seal design, vibration analysis, etc.;
- Experience working with Asian-based suppliers;
- Very process driven and have proven experience in comprehensive documentation of all aspects of product development, ideally from industries such automotive or medical devices.
- Have an understanding of material properties and their impact on mechanical performance, product lifetime, UV and chemical resistance; and
- Have the ability to conduct CFD analysis of airflow and heat transfer in and around electronics.
This role is a permanent full time role based in Perth. If you're looking for a change this is a great opportunity to further develop your career.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Michael Nicolson on 03 9982 0302 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.