Senior Commercial Officer
My client is a well-respected Defence organisation with significant operations across all sectors of the Defence industry. They are seeking to bring on an experienced Senior Commercial Officer to revise and update maintenance support contracts and manage contract deliverables. The Commercial Officer facilitates all financial and commercial transactions between all stakeholders ensuring that all activities and transactions are correctly recorded, allocated, scheduled, closed out, and invoiced.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide advice and assistance to Project Manager on commercial issues
- Coordinate management review and approval of bids and proposals
- Negotiate all aspects of minor bids and contract proposals
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager
- Prepare and maintain contract documentation, records and internal reports
- Prepare contract amendments and change proposals
- Provide administrative support to the Commonwealth
- Liaise with all stakeholders as necessary in a professional and consistent manner.
- Assist in tendering activates
- Ensure recording, allocation, and scheduling of all approved transactions/ activities.
- Support Customer cost and pricing analysis
Skills & Experience required:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Minimum 7 years Commercial experience
- Experience in planning and scheduling.
- Proven understanding of bid and tender proposals
- Familiar with accounting procedures and principles.
- Consistent application of care and attention detail.
- A high level of numeracy skills and analysis.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- High computer proficiency, especially MS Excel, and MS Office.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks, which have competing priorities.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communications skills
- Meet ITAR compliancy
Applicants with previous experience working on Defence projects in a commercial environment, are highly encouraged to apply.
Applicants MUST hold Australian Citizenship - Eligible for a Security Clearance. NV1 security clearance would be highly advantageous
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 0419 630 422 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.