Manufacturing and Quality Engineer
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager the role will work between the product development team and contract manufacturers. It is responsible to develop and implement the operational disciplines (Purchasing, Logistics, Quality, Process engineering, OHS, labour, capital) associated with the production of an exciting new electronic product. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the development of an innovative new product for a global market. A big part of the role will be focused on design for manufacturing, unit cost optimisation and will require extensive knowledge of electronics assembly.
Some primary responsibilities will include;
- Design for manufacturability
- Providing an interface to contract manufacturers
- Improving quality, cost and delivery of the product
- Ensure Quality systems are implemented and followed
- Track and manage design and process changes into the contract manufacturers production
- Hands on testing to ensure the quality of manufacturing
- Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems
- Build and maintain relationships with contract manufacturers locally and overseas
We are looking for somebody with Skills and Experience in;
- Electronics Assembly
- Production and Operations
- Process Engineering
- Purchasing / Quality
- Electronic Product Manufacturing
Please note there will be an overseas travel component to the role.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Nick Reid on 03 9982 0305 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.