Are you looking to take the next step in your career? We currently have a position located in the ACT for a Composite Engineer to join dynamic team. The successful candidate will join an industry leader in providing ground-breaking composite technology to the Defence & aerospace sector and will work on exciting & high-profile projects.
The primary responsibility of this position is the design and development of composite material products such as; body armour, light weight equipment and auxiliary systems. This is a multi-discipline role in a new start-up section of the business. Working within a team environment you will utilise your proven engineering experience to lead the composite product design from concept though to prototyping and validation.
- Composite material product design and development
- Researching and testing materials, design approaches and new opportunities for product and business growth
- Design release including tooling release, trouble shooting, improvements and change implementations
- Process and equipment design for the manufacture of composites
- Testing and validation of composite products
- Degree qualifications in engineering with a major in composites
- Certification or relevant experience with SolidWorks CAD and PLM
- Proven experience in mechanical and composite material design
- Experience working on Defence projects will be highly advantageous
- Relevant qualifications in Project Management, desirable
- Must have experienced working in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must hold Australian Citizenship to apply
Candidates with experience in composite body armour design in a Defence environment are encouraged to apply.
Our client is offering great career development and an attractive package is available and negotiable to match experience and qualifications. Candidates with current Design Authority / Engineering Authority will be highly regarded.
This is an urgent role and our client is looking to interview immediately.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 0419 630 422 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.