Commercial Manager - Defence - Sydney - Fixed Term Contract
Innovative specialist providing services for current and emerging Defence platforms and programs in Australia. They require a Commercial Manager, who has expertise providing commercial or contract management for an organisation within the Defence industry. They are extremely well established and have an excellent reputation. The role will involve Contract Management, Contract Admin, Financial Management and Supply Chain Management for a significant Defence contract, so the role will require someone who has worked at that level for a Prime Contractor in Defence.
As a key member of the team, the Commercial Manager will be responsible for providing contract guidance and direction and be the interface between the project teams, managing significant contracts, variations, claims and negotiations. The Commercial Manager will also contribute to the overall management of the business and the delivery of programs and achievement of strategic and financial goals.
The successful applicant will provide management of contracts and the commercials and be able and experienced enough to make decisions and in doing so, play a pivotal role in ensuring ongoing business growth and success.
In more specific terms, the Commercial Manager will:
- Review and prepare commercial and contractual terms and conditions
- Challenge areas of contract costing to ensure that the company continues to offer the most cost-effective solutions to meet customer needs
- Develop commercial opportunities in proposals and contracts
- Identify commercial risks and liabilities and develop appropriate mitigation strategies
- Prepare negotiating strategies, variations, claims and meeting requirements
- Develop and maintain Target Cost Estimates
- Promote commercial guidance and procedures for contract administration
- Provide commercial support to Supply Chain and negotiate subcontract agreements.
Suitable candidates will have Commercial or large Contract Management experience, dealing with CASG, Defence and working for or with, a Defence Prime Contractor.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact James Donovan on 02 9492 7535 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.