Our client is embedded within the Education sector is looking for a Bid Writer to assist them on various bids and tenders across Defence and commercial projects. This is a contract role on a casual basis. 2 to 4 days per week, ad hoc.
The Bid Writer will be accountable for the co-ordination, development and writing of content for small and large tenders/grants/proposals in the education, training and employment market and supports the submission of timely, quality and professional responses to tender opportunities.
The role will focus on reviewing tender requirements, develop response strategies, engage with technical subject matter experts (SMEs), organise resources to write quality content, and ensure quality and complaint responses are delivered on time.
Technical writing experience from a variety of fields is well received. Of particular interest is experience in:
- Defence bids/tenders
- Naval sector
- Designing bids from scratch
- Defence templates including ASDEFCON
Key responsibilities - Review Bid/Grant/Proposal Requirements
- Receive tender documents and addendums to ensure understanding of tender and client requirements
- Study tender documents and review aspects of the tender documents to develop contractual, technical and win strategies
- Review drafted proposals from the Workforce Solutions team, including the Training Needs Analysis, to understand customer requirements and develop content
- Provide visibility of tender/grant/proposal activity to ensure resources are adequately provided and timelines are met
- Participate in bid reviews at bronze, silver and gold milestones for large bids to ensure edits are integrated appropriately
- Attend internal bid meetings as required to ensure clarity of expectations and report on progress
- Undertake duties as outlined in the Responsibility Assignment Matrix to ensure agreed accountabilities are met.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience (5 years plus) in writing content for EOIs, RFTs, capability statements, case studies, CVs, and pitch presentations
- Experience in and understanding of business development, the tender/bid process and co-ordination and writing of documents
- Extensive experience in working within a bid environment and bid teams
- High-level writing skills to author and edit technical content
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and PowerPoint (desk Top Publishing skills in InDesign an advantage
- An ability to multi-task and meet several competing deadlines
- An ability to demonstrate research and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and a keen focus on meeting customer requirements
- An ability to write quickly and concisely
- Planning and scheduling of work, independent and with competing priority
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and effectively engage with a diverse range of stakeholders
Kinexus, formerly Kinetic Recruitment, is one of the leading suppliers of security cleared contract and permanent recruitment services. We are the first specialist agency supplying to the Defence Industry, we understand the culture capabilities that are required to succeed like no other.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Harry Mulcahy on 03 9982 0307 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.