Are you looking for your next job opportunity? Then you are in the right place.
This is your one stop shop to get everything you need to prepare for your job search, shine bright in the interview and land that next opportunity.
Let’s get started…
1. The latest Defence Industry Insights
The Kinexus Defence Industry Insights are the only biannual publications on the state of the Defence Industry as a whole. Informed by extensive contact with the industry, the paper includes:
- A summary of projects underway around the country.
- Hard data on the status of remuneration in the industry.
- The first-ever Defence Sector Job Vacancy Index, which sheds light on the demand for workers as seen through advertised job vacancies.
2. The Definitive Guide to Your Next Job, Chapter 3: When You’re Ready to Make the Move
This chapter provides an overview of how to put your best foot forward throughout the process, with links to other resources along to way if you are looking for more detail. It includes insights into:
- Putting together and tailoring your resume.
- Searching for jobs, including through job boards, networking and more.
- The process and tips for engaging with a recruitment consultant.
- The application process.
- Acing the interview.
- Post interview processes, including follow up and references.
- What to do if you are unsuccessful.
3. Our Resume Guide
This is a step-by-step guide to writing a resume that gets you hired. It includes detailed guidance on each component of any resume, as well as:
- How to tailor your resume.
- Do’s and Don’ts.
- Example phrases.
- A note on matching your resume to online resources.
In addition, you can download this template for a simple resume.
4. Use this Cover Letter Guide
This guide provides step-by-step instructions for writing a standout cover letter. Inside you will find direction on:
- What to include.
- Highlighting your strengths.
Inside you will also find a simple cover letter template to use.
5. Prepare with our Interview Guide
This is a step-by-step guide to acing your next interview. Included are detailed summaries of how best to go about:
- Interview preparation, including research.
- Using the STAR method to answer questions.
- Answering salary and behavioral questions.
- Navigating a panel or technical interview.
- Preparing your own
- Dealing with nerves.
- Avoiding landmines.
- Closing the interview.
BONUS: For something extra, why not read our Definitive Guide to Contracting in Defence. If you’re considering contracting, you’ll get detailed guidance on whether contracting is for you and if so, how to go about it. The eBook includes:
- What contracting in Defence Industry involves.
- Important factors to consider before becoming a contractor.
- How to get set up as a contractor.
- Tips on how to be a successful contractor.
- How to finish up and coordinate your next contract.
Need more? Check out our full library of tools here or browse our blogs here. For any other questions or to start your journey towards that next exciting role, get in touch with one of our specialist recruitment consultants by giving us a call on 02 9492 7500 or sending your resume through to [email protected].